Sunday, July 20, 2008

Goodbyes

Today we had to say goodbye to a lot of the friends that we have made here in Paraguay.  It's hard to imagine that we have made friends in such a short period of time, but we have.  The people here are so friendly and nice.  They always greet each other with at least a handshake and oftentimes with a "kiss".  It's not really a kiss though.  What you do is put your right cheek against their right cheek and make a kissing sound, but do not actually touch your lips to their cheek.  Then you do it on the left side too.  So, as we said goodbye today we got lots of kisses.
 
I have loved learning about the culture and the people here.  They are very hospitable and the people of Paraguay will always hold a special place in my heart. 
 
Joe had the opportunity to share his testimony at the morning church service today and I had the pleasure of sharing mine at the evening church service.  I wasn't nervous to speak in front of people, but I was a little nervous because I felt like I needed to be more transparent with my testimony.  Of course I didn't share all that I wanted to, but I have no doubts that what I did share was used by God.  It was a little emotional for me, but I was glad I had the opportunity to share.
 
Tomorrow we leave for Brazil at 4 in the morning.  We have lots of traveling before we get to do more traveling to come home. 


Jenn

No comments: