Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Heading Home

We left the Bostons' around 2:30 am, got to the airport before the ticket agents arrived, and were first in line. We got through immigration quickly, and waited for our 4:40 boarding time, enjoying the oversweet complementary coffee, water and peanuts. Fran decided on a shopping excursion 5 minutes before boarding just to liven things up. It didn't work, with nearly everyone quickly falling into a slumber as the plane left for Brazil. The flight was smooth and uneventful. We're now in Sao Paulo, with Lisa, Susan and I enjoying a light snack at the Delta Crown room while Dominique, Jenn and Fran are wandering terminal 2, waiting for gate agents who are due at our gate around 9:30 to issue us boarding passes. I'm amazed that I can check my luggage all the way through in one step, yet it takes two steps for me to check myself in, once with the Brazilian airline to get those boarding passes, and a second time with the American flag airline.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

glad to see you got to Brazil ok. Hope the rest of the trip is easy as well!

Roxane said...

Hi Frances,
I am praying today for a safe trip home for all of you and your luggage.
Can't wait to see you and hear all about what God did while you were there.
Love ya,
Roxane