Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday

We starting this morning with service over at the San Lorenzo church. Pastor Marcos was preaching, and started off with a script using a coke as a prop. We thought he was picking on us, given the coke we've consumed this week rather than drinking risky, unfiltered water. Given half the team had some stomach distress at one point or other during the week, it was a good thing. Turns out the coke skit was a segue to a video at the end about a man with no arms or legs.

Bob had me share my testimony, with Brenda translating. I started with I sinned, then found salvation. I then got better. Typical Paraguay testimony - no content. After a chuckle or two, I gave a short testimony.


We gave Hugo a bible to help him on his walk with Christ. I asked him to read it cover to cover by our return next year. He told me he's not very smart, but I told him most people can read it in a year by spending 15-20 minutes a day.


After the service, we went to have lunch at a Paraguayan Barbeque - much like a Brazilian Barbeque. Here' Susan being served a cut from the hump - a heavily marbled section from between the front shoulders of a Brazilian / Paraguayan cow.


Bob got a real kick out of the expressiveness of Dominique and Susan. They really enjoyed the diversity of flavors of the many cuts of beef we tried today.


The meat is rotisserie grilled in this oven.


Lisa and Brenda talking between courses ...


... while Fran and Jenn listened intently.


The finale was a barbecued Pineapple that had been rolled in cinnamon.

No comments: