Thursday, July 17, 2008

Tres Amigos

Hugo was asking me this morning why I'm always taking the pictures and not in the pictures. He then told me I'm his friend and wanted a picture with me. After that picture, he called Alberto over to join us in the picture. The guys have been working beside us for about 20 hours now, and are looking after our well being, making sure we're not hit by a bus, and that we don't sniff toxic glue.


One of the big projects for today was to whitewash a small conference room on the second floor behind the balcony.


Last night Alberto did the first coat of the oil paint on the bottom of the kitchen. It looks so much better than what we started with.


I wish I had a few of the tools from my shop. I had to resize a 4x4 piece of hardwood down to about 2x3, and secure it to the jamb to close a large gap. A table saw and miter saw would have made quick work of the job. I should be thankful we had a skil saw and not just a hand saw.


We had lunch today at Ignacio's little restaurant. As we were walking there, they were delivering some meat down the street. Not sure what the USDA would think of this deliver method.


Bob taking a picture of most of us at the table. It's really not a 2 gallon bottle of coke - camera perspective made it a lot bigger than it was.



We had Milensa, which is a fried breaded beef patty. It was served with potatoes, corn and carrots with a beet slice on top and some rolls. Pretty typical working class lunch.

1 comment:

emily numeron said...

Hi Everyone! So I am finally leaving a message for you all. I have LOVED reading the blog every day and seeing the "live" pictures (great scrapbooking material Domi!) We are praying the the Lord heals you of your stomic issues quickly and that he gives you boldness and wisdom as you go out on your appointments. Amazing to see how when we give God the "little" that we have He blesses it tenfold, He delights in our willingness! I love you guys, espcially you mom and can't wait to see that new do!

em