Sunday, July 13, 2008

Small Group and Service

Sunday afternoon Dominique, Susan and I visited a small group bible study in the outskirts of San Lorenzo. The area we visited was homesteaded in a bloody revolt a number of years ago and became somewhat of a squatter's village. The area has a lot of pride of ownership, with residents upgrading and moving towards middle class living. Dominique and Susan shared their testimony, and Adriano led the bible study.

Following this, we all met at the San Lorenzo church for the evening service. Domi, Susan and I were there early, so Bob suggested we could take the staircase up to see the new 4th floor added by COTF several weeks ago. It was sunset, so I got a picture of the sunset.


Unfortunately, Susan also asked me why I was on the ledge outside the addition, but I did coax her to come over and take a look herself. I also tried to shoot a seven shot panorama to capture the full 180 degree sweep from the front of the church, since it's 4th floor is the highest point in that spot in San Lorenzo. Some day I'll master the manual controls of my camera to be able to paste such a panorama together and have it look decent.

Worship started off with Holy, Holy, Holy, though I suspect most of us hummed in Spanish more than we sang in Spanish. During the welcome, Bob asked us to bless at least three people by saying God Bless You in Spanish. I need to work on my Spanish more, and Susan said she's taking Spanish lessons before her next trip to a Spanish speaking country. We then returned to the Boston's home for dinner of some home made chicken soup and bread, and a review of the week's schedule. There will be lots of opportunities to share testimonies throughout the week. We also talked about how CBNC could support other projects here, and slots for another return trip before the Bostons return to the states on furlough.

p.s. If you read the last post earlier, I added more pictures.

3 comments:

Roxane said...

Good morning Frances,
I am continuing to pray for you, I am loving seeing the pictures of what you are doing and where you are going.
Have a great day and be blessed by knowing that God is in control and has a great plan for you.
Love ya,
Roxane

linda a said...

Dear Dominique, Be engouraged Team!!Gods WORD gives Hope, its like a glorious oasis,in a dry,weary land. GOD is your sustenance,drink in his word,may HE satisfy your Spirit.God Bless all.Taken from the encouraging word for today at KLOVE 7/13

Karen said...

Hi Lisa and team, It is so good to get a daily update on how you are all doing. It sounds like you are in the place God wants you to be and doing the things He wants you to do! You are all fulfilling His plan for you and the people you are touching. You are in my prayers. Karen